Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Christmas Miracle ... sort of

Speaking of the journey toward publication, here's the journey of a Poinsettia. I bought two Poinsettias last year at Christmas time. By April 2012, I was impressed enough to take a photo where you can observe their new growth (and still red leaves).
In July all the red leaves are gone, replaced by bountiful green - but see how well they are doing! In JULY!
Finally we see them full circle in December - still hanging in there, still green. No more red leaves but they're alive.
You have no idea what this means to a notorious plant killer like myself. Yes, it's a Christmas miracle ... sort of.

1 comment:

  1. Mine never live very long either. My Mom gets a poinsettia every year and after a while it gets pretty scraggly, but it's still alive. I don't know how to get them to be happy and healthy though, but yours look great. I have seen pictures from my uncle in Florida and he had them growing outside his home and they were blooming like crazy all red and pretty. Must be the climate.

    ReplyDelete