Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Drag me to the new millenium but don't leave me there

I can officially report that I now Skype. Sure, maybe I'm a little behind the times but I've been dumped into the new millennium. I just don't want to be left there alone.

Once I set up Skype I video chatted with my son in the next room (this will come in handy when letting him know dinner is ready) and I helped my 74-year-old mother set up Skype all by herself.

She was so excited to Skype with me from her home ... three miles away from me!

I can't help but think this Skype thing was intended to bring people together across a vast expanse of continents. But we all have to start with ahem, baby steps.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, skyping to announce dinner is probably in my future somewhere!

    Skype is something close to my heart - without it, my family would be out of touch much of the time. My first sibling emigrated from Ireland in 1983, and Skype has been a much-used tool, and a commonly used verb among all my family, parents included).

    Enjoy the new technology Maria, soon you'll be skyping 'cross continents and time-zones!

    Best wishes - Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is suitably impressed that I soon Skype with a friend in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know people who Skype all the time, but I've never done it. I don't know if my monitor has a camera in it or not. I need to ask my son about these things. I am sooooo not tech savvy! I'm on a committee for a fundraiser, it's in Toledo and I'm near Buffalo. This would be such a great way to have a meeting with them. I'm just so bad at this stuff. I don't even have a smart phone, just my sweet little flip phone. Hey, it works for me.
    Have fun with the Skyping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Kristie, I don't have a smart phone either. My husband bought me a new PC for Christmas and the new ones all come with a camera. I even have a friend who puts tape over the camera. Never know who's watching, ha!

    ReplyDelete