Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cat in the Lights ... with Author Carla Rossi

Buon Natale, Maria! Thank you for inviting me and Saber the Maine Coon Muse Cat to stop by your blog.

A writer friend once said it was true all writers have cats. She didn’t because she was highly allergic, and she often thought that might be why she wasn’t on the NYT Bestseller list. “After all,” she said, “I hear it’s almost impossible to even land an agent without a cat.”

So yes, I am a cat person.

And yes, I write every day with my cat by my side (or crawling across the keyboard, or swatting at my fingers…) Saber is especially helpful with tasks around the house – like untangling Christmas lights

and as a working writer’s cat, he often helps me brainstorm. I’m sure he’s responsible for the appearance of the kittens in my YA holiday story, How Nick and Holly (Wrecked) Saved Christmas.

Like most pet-loving authors, cats and dogs often make a way into my stories. Last year’s holiday release Dr. Noah and The Sugar Plum Fairy features a couple dogs and a yummy homemade dog biscuit recipe. I hope you’ll check it out and enjoy both holiday stories.

Holly Moreau and Nick Zernigan aren’t friends at school – or anywhere else. Especially since Holly blames Nick for her broken nose after a freak accident. But when they find themselves unexpectedly dropped with older relatives at a retirement complex over Christmas break, they must make peace. They have to. It’s the only way to survive karaoke night and a senior citizen Christmas dance.

Holly thinks Nick is a careless loser. Nick thinks Holly is a too-serious choir nerd. Can one party and a crime spree change their minds about each other? And can Nick and Holly remember the miracle of Christmas and find the answers to some of their hidden questions?

Buy ebook from Pelican Book Group

Buy Kindle edition

Buy for Nook

Contact Carla: carla@carlarossi.com

carlarossi.com

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me stop by, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a kick out of other people's cat antics. And I LOVED Holly and Nick's situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked Nick and Holly, LoRee. I enjoyed writing that little story.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for being here, Carla. I love the way Saber tries to help with the lights. What a good cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saber is a beauty and so helpful, plotting and decorating. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post reminds me of my sweet cat Stormie, who passed away this summer. She liked to sleep right next to the computer, often with her paws laid across the keys. I'd push her away, and she'd come right back. Once I stepped away for a moment, and Stormie deleted all the emails in my inbox! Thank heavens I found them. Then I learned to minimize all my windows when I walked away, lest she add a cat to my latest manuscript.

    She was such a pain, but I miss her little paws on my keyboard. Thanks for the reminder this morning.

    ReplyDelete